How We Handle Upholstered Furniture That Is Damaged In A Flood
Our technicians clean your upholstery using situation-specific methods to get the best results.
Flooding can affect the structure of your Greenwich home as well as items on the interior, like furniture, appliances, and documents. Every flood caused by a storm is unique, and it is very important to rely on a professional company to effectively remediate the damage. If not done properly, this can lead to harmful mold growth down the road. It can also cause the long-term degradation of expensive items in the home.
SERVPRO of Greenwich Uses Extra Precautions for Heavily Soiled Areas
In Greenwich, storm waters are sometimes labeled “Category 3”, which means that water is contaminated with bacteria from the air and ground. When it comes to furniture, upholstered pieces often need extra care to ensure proper cleaning. Our technicians are experts in carefully remediating damage to high-value items when regular cleaning is either not enough, or too invasive for the material.
How do we accomplish this?
- We protect both your floors and others contents in your home by isolating each piece of upholstered furniture on a cloth.
- We then vibrate the surface to encourage dirt to the surface where it can be more effectively removed.
- Our technicians will then clean the surface of the furniture..
- We will then use a furniture-safe cleaning solution to deep clean each piece.
- Finally, we extract the shampoo, which leaves the furniture free of dirt, and in preloss condition.
- The furniture is then allowed to dry completely, a process that is monitored by our team to ensure proper moisture levels.
For 24/7 assistance after a flood, contact SERVPRO of Greenwich at (203) 342-1642. We make it "Like it never even happened."