Springtime Storm Damage
With temperatures starting to trend upward, we are hopefully leaving winter storm damage in the past, at least until next year. That being said, springtime storm damage presents a different set of problems that can be equally as harmful. You need to be aware of all the ways that a storm during this season can negatively affect you and your property. They can include:
- Structural damage to your property as a result of fallen trees or high wind blowing debris
- Broken windows from fallen trees or high wind blowing debris
- Lightning strikes, which are more common during spring and summer than any other season
- Fallen or damaged power lines around your property
- Water damage from loss of structural integrity
- Basement flooding
- Power outages, which can lead to sump pump failure
An added factor that is unique to warmer weather storms is that higher temperatures lead to mold growth much faster, if water damage occurs as a result of storm damage.
It is important to contact a damage restoration professional as soon as you notice any storm damage. Greenwich has over 30 years of experience working with people who have had damage to their property. If you have any type of damage, call us immediately at 203.324.1642.